Life has been pretty busy lately! Two weeks ago Monday, I was almost done with the day, almost free for the week since I was leaving for the United States on Tuesday morning. I was just ready to start my last class when Chris (one of my tenth graders) runs up to me yelling, “Miss Scislow, Miss Scislow!!! Arlenys bit me!” He pulls up his shirt sleeve and on his shoulder are HUGE teeth marks. Ugh! Seriously, you’d think I was teaching two year olds at the time, not tenth graders! Haha!
Tuesday, October 12th, I flew back to the States. I had to leave super early in the morning, but was back in Chicago around 1:00. Dad was there one a business trip and talked the people into giving him a pass to get through so he got to meet me at the gate!!!! I was so excited to see him! It was really nice too because I didn’t have a phone, so I really had no idea how I’d find him. We got some delicious lunch and then started the long drive home. We made it home a little after nine where I was greeted by a very excited Mom, Kathryn, and Jennie. Buddy just went crazy too! He was tearing around as fast as he could so happy to see me! I also got to meet Rubie, the foreign exchange student from China who is living in my room. She is really nice, and I was excited to finally get to meet her. Dad and I baked chocolate chip cookies, we all visited for a while, and then I went to bed.
On Wednesday, Mom and I left early and drove up to Duluth for my medical school interview there. I think it went well…. My first interviewer there was crazy! He asked me how tall my high heels were and told me he thought women looked best in 3 ½ to 4 ½ inch heels. Then, he asked me if I had met any cannibals in the Dominican Republic. I told him that one of my tenth graders had bit another one of my tenth graders on Monday, but I didn’t think that she was trying to eat him. He laughed really hard. After the interview, Mom and I drove back to the Cities and went to St. Croix’s playoff soccer game against Humboldt. It was really fun because I got to see both my little sister’s score goals! I also got to see Hannah, Michelle, and JR, three of my players from the summer team I coached, play. It was really fun to get to watch them all!
On Thursday, I got to hang out with Mom all day. We did some shopping, got some shirts, a season of The Office, and some other stuff I wanted to bring back, including candy for my hooligans. Dad came home, and we had a delicious lunch. Grandma Scislow stopped by quick, so I got to see her too! It was fun. That night, I flew to Denver, and then to Omaha. I got into Omaha at like 11:30pm where I was picked up by a current Creighton University medical student. We went back to her house and went to bed. In the morning, she brought me to where I needed to get to for the interview day at Creighton. It was a long day, but it went well. I really liked the school and felt like my interviews went well. Now, it’s just a waiting game until I hear anything back. Keep it in your prayers! After the interviews, she picked me up again, we went back to her house to change, then went to the Old Market area and wandered around before heading back to the airport. I flew to Chicago that night and Dad met me and we went back to the hotel they were staying at for Jennie’s soccer tournament.
Saturday, we hung out, and went to Jennie’s soccer games. They won one and tied one. It was fun to get to see her play and to get to hang out with her and Dad.
On Sunday, I flew back to the Dominican Republic! Amazingly, there were no problems with any of my flights. Everything was pretty on time for the most part, and there were really no problems. Yay! (That’s pretty amazing for me…. Haha!)
Then Monday, back to work!
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment