Well, this week has sure been busy! At school all week, we've just been having meetings and planning for our year. My classroom is starting to get some more walls, which is a good thing. The high school is an addition to the cafeteria/ kitchen and is not yet done, so I'm not quite sure where I will be teaching in two weeks because I don't know that it will be done.... So, it could be interesting when school starts!

School from the front

The new addition part.... The second floor where there aren't finished walls yet? That's where I'll be teaching.

Where my classes will be

The science lab

The science lab again
On Friday night, we had a faculty party at Eva's (one of the preschool teachers) house. It was really fun. We sat around and visited, drank some Presidente, and danced. I know how to dance merengue some, but I also learned the basic step to the bachata as well. Some of the teachers are amazing dancers! It was really a fun night!

Me, Natalie (a fourth grader at school and Alexandra's daughter), Danielle, Kaitlyn, Alexandra, Dahianna, and Noemy (in front) at our faculty party.

Dancing with fellow American teaching Keith.
Today, we went to the beach in Sosua. It was absolutely gorgeous and really relaxing. We hung out, swam, drank pina coladas, and swam some more all day long. It was about a two hour bus ride from Santiago, so we were able to spend basically the whole day at the beach, which was pretty amazing.

The beautiful beach at Sosua.

The beautiful Atlantic Ocean


The Americans on the beach :)

Me and Danielle, one of my roommates
I hope things are going well with everyone back home! E-mail me at KLSoccer57@aol.com if you have any questions. Or even, just let me know what you are up to! I love hearing from people.
No comments:
Post a Comment